Users interacting with the project
- Concept ideas
- Proof of concept
- Image editing and animations
- Promotional video
Creation of an interactive art installation with the theme of “Painting with light.”
Our group had the goal to create an installation that seeks to foster fun and exploration and at the same time communicates a concept. The first piece is a touch gallery that focus on the concept of appropriation of famous paintings and adds an exploration experience, to change how paintings are seen in usual gallery spaces. We also generated another project called Pollock, an interactive game that motivates people to create their own action painting.
My main role in this project was as graphic and motion designer, but I also supported on the production and coding. The process included a lot of technical tests, user testing, troubleshooting, and code debugging.
This piece is about fun and exploration and a different way to approach “master pieces” on a gallery experience.
- Arduino Touch Board setup and programming.
- Production: copper tape, soldering, wiring, video mapping projection on canvas.
- Processing coding and serial communication with Arduino.
- 14 Gif Animations done with After Effects and Photoshop. The images were separated into layers and the animations had to match the color and the style of the painting.
- Audio selection and edition.
- Canvas installed on the wall.
- Documentation with photos and videos.
Check out the video:
Galerie Tactile Interactif was installed at the Jepson Center from the Telfair Museum in Savannah, Georgia for the Pulse Festival in January 2016.